Putu the Cat

Fear me, if you dare. Meow.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Putu on Putu

Putu's been getting a few mails post-TOI article (apart from the ones from arms dealers, that is) including mails speculating on Putu's gender (ie, is Putu babu or belle? as the mail put it), in response to which Putu would like to encourage the gentle reader to look through the archives, as Putu has dealt with this question before and it is a complicated subject. Putu would also like to present Putu's compliments to Monish Datta, who is owned by another cat named Putu, and tell him
a) Putu is pleased to find other cats named Putu, and having conducted a Google search has found that Putu is quite a popular names for cats worldwide. it is too early in Putu's career for Putu (a modest, well-brought-up cat) to assume that these Putu's have been named after The Putu, ie me. Putu wonders why Putu as a name for cats cuts across all barriers of race, nationality and language. It is probably something to do with the Feline Principle.
b) Putu will not be posting a picture of Putu-the-owner-of-Monish on this blog, as it could only lead to confusion. But Putu wishes P-t-o-o-M lifelong health and happiness, and is pleased to note that PtooM seems to have found a loving and caring human.
c) How Putu got Putu's name is a long and complicated story involving late nights, an empty Kali mandir, aged monks and sleeping Tam-Brahm grandmothers. Some other time, perhaps.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm... given putu's propensity for prolific platitude, putu could be male, female, tam-brahm, bong, frayed, furry, educated, unemployed...?? putu is enjoying life of famous anonymoity methinks

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.dansdata.com/kitten.htm

others of putukind. check it out. its like being tickled under your chin

8:39 AM  
Blogger Cyrusthevamp said...

Putu, cat who rules blogger space
Tell me, now with feline grace
I have a rat that visits nightly
Leaves remainders most unsightly
As well as clatter-biff-and-blam
Disturbing repose needed for my glam.
I ask you, oracle, master, best
How can I eliminate the pest?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Cyrusthevamp said...

Leif the Lucky got out of bed
Said, 'I'm so lucky, Dad's Eirik the Red!
When the Thing of Thorness him expelled
He Greenland conquered and firmly held.
I was the first in America to land.
Aren't we folks just out of hand?'

All true, Putu, all true!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i was the gentle reader, who had ventured to guess the gender. surely will I pore into the past of putu to find an answer, only if my masters allow this slave some time to do that.

5:21 PM  
Blogger putu said...

hi, sorry for the late responses.
dear anonymouses...or is it anonymice...
thanks whoever sent me the dansdata link, was very nice.
cyrus...solution to mouse attacks...three words.
get a cat.
will be back.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Hurree said...

Putu, TOI's favourite pet
Please (on return from Tibet)
For readers who have not read one particle
Of this lovely, Putu-friendly article
Remember, if of us you are thinking
To the article to be sending the linking.

Chiyaars :)

1:09 AM  
Blogger Roy Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of pet rabbit for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on pet rabbit. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about health list man site
. It pretty much covers health list man site
related stuff.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some aarp united health care
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out aarp united health care

10:51 AM  
Blogger Linux Unix said...

Cute blog! Please visit my ugliest dog blog.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a related man s health blog you might want to check out

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like bull dog you may very well like this site bull dog

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about usa today sports. I have a website about usa today sports which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home